He loves us more.
What is Love?
1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.
- There are a lot of definition about love. But what is the real Love? For us to know the real meaning of love, we must look back to the cross and know what Christ did for us. When we understand what God did on the cross, we will know what real love is.
3 points about Love :
1. Real love is initiated by God.
1 John 4: 19
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- God is love and he is the initiator of love.
2. Real love will bring you closer to God.
1 John 4:10
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
- Because of sin we were separated from God. But because he loves us he gave his Son Jesus to pay for our sins. The goal of Jesus Christ is for us to get closer to God.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect for love.
3. Real love results to laying down of one’s life for someone.
- As it is said, For he loved us, Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for our sin and for us to know His love for us and for us to have a everlasting love. A love that cannot be compared from others. God showed what love is.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Q:Why should I trust in a god that I as a human being is morally superior to? I don't kill billions of people, I don't condone rape, torture, idiocy, and mindlessness. That's what your god does. There's bible verses to prove it. How can you even think about following such a god. A god that's such a homophobic bigot, who if you don't "love" him, he will send you to hell to burn and suffer for all eternity? The nicest guy alive, if he doesn't believe goes to this? Fair? I think not. Fuck god!
Ok, I won’t judge you or curse you in what you believed in. But here’s what I have to say.
”For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
-As it says here, God loves us, and because he loves us, He gave his only Son just to pay for our sin. It was a movement of love, eternal compassion, that sinners should not suffer. "He hates the sin, but loves the sinner." So it shows that, God loves us so deeply that he is willing to give his son to be slain for us to be redeemed.
He doesn’t want us to be thrown out in hell, but he wants us to be with Him. It is up to you if you will choose to be with Him or not.
“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
“But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
- This means that He is fair and impartial. The fact that God is just means that He can and will judge between right and wrong and He will administer justice. God is not just God of love and kindness, but is also a God of wrath and judgment (New Testament)
2 Thessalonians 1:6
” Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you.”
We all have our own beliefs, and I hope we should respect one another. I don’t want any arguments or debate. We have our own will to believe. :) It is up to you if you will trust God or not.