No matter how much you receive, if you expected even more, you will be disappointed. No matter how little you receive, if you expected even less, you will be happy.
Every day, a new life of hope, beauty, and truth awaits you. Jesus forgives sin and empowers you with His Spirit. Pray the verse below, and ask the Holy Spirit to help you walk in this newness of life! Pray it out loud… with ever increasing faith! God’s mercy is new every morning!
What is Love?
1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.
- There are a lot of definition about love. But what is the real Love? For us to know the real meaning of love, we must look back to the cross and know what Christ did for us. When we understand what God did on the cross, we will know what real love is.
3 points about Love :
1. Real love is initiated by God.
1 John 4: 19
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- God is love and he is the initiator of love.
2. Real love will bring you closer to God.
1 John 4:10
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
- Because of sin we were separated from God. But because he loves us he gave his Son Jesus to pay for our sins. The goal of Jesus Christ is for us to get closer to God.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect for love.
3. Real love results to laying down of one’s life for someone.
- As it is said, For he loved us, Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for our sin and for us to know His love for us and for us to have a everlasting love. A love that cannot be compared from others. God showed what love is.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
We all long for security, peace, and comfort. We want to feel safe, so we try to insulate our lives from pain. The truth is that all of our attempts in our own strength, fall short. As you pray today, confess that He alone is your security, peace, and strength! Praise Jesus for helping you through the inevitable hardships of life.
THE IMPACT OF SIN One of the biggest lies we are led to believe is that sin affects only us. The truth is that all our sin is an offence against God, and impacts the lives of many others. Wherever you are, stop for a moment and confess your sins to God. Trust in God’s goodness and pray for His grace to do His will.
Never let anybody’s disapproval block a blessing God wants to give you.
It's all about the truth.
- Pastor: Next Sunday I'll preach about the sin of lying. To understand more, I want you to read Mark chapter 17.
- (The following day)
- Pastor: How many of you had read Mark chapter 17
- (almost everyone had went up except for a guy who dressed like a gangster)
- Pastor: Why haven't you read what I've told you?
- Guy: Well I can't seem to find the 17th chapter.
- Pastor: (smiled) Mark has only 16 chapters. Let's now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying.